Monday, October 26, 2015

Pumpkin Head!

 I am not the biggest fan of Halloween.  I don't have any philosophical reason for not liking it.  For the most part it boils down to the fact that I'm not very fun.  I hate to dress up and don't like squidgy pumpkin guts. You might think the kid with Down syndrome should have the biggest sensory issues in our house.  I don't think he can compete with Rex and I.  We are a quirky crew.    Sadly I've shared my issues with my kids, but we do go through the motions each year.  This year we didn't even wait until the night before to carve the pumpkins.  

This is apparently his scarecrow face


His Pumpkin Face


Rex has never been a fan of trick er treating which has always made me giggle.  He really just sees no good reason to knock on a perfect strangers door and talk to them.  Candy isn't even a big enough motivator to make eye contact and speak to that many adults.  Riley is only mildly better.  He LOVES LOVES LOVES the picking out of the costume and wearing it as much as possible.  He's in for about a block of houses and then he's done.  So really we are in it to hang out with our friends and bum all the peanut based candy from the peanut allergy house.  Seriously make friends with a peanut free house...  pay out in large amounts of peanut butter cups is fun. 



Twin smiles! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to hear from those that stop by. If you don't have a blogger account just choose Anonymous - but don't forget to leave your name in the text of your comment.